Cape Water Tours in Lewes is growing! We are seeking a flexible, hard-working, people- oriented team member to manage day-to-day operations for this seasonal boat tour company.
The general manager will be responsible for assisting owners in creating a tour schedule, overseeing 17 crew members, 3 office staff (receptionists), and ensuring 3 commercial vessels are clean and operational. This position also requires managing a small retail store and the reservations office in addition to communicating regularly with marketing/advertising staff.
- Training new crew members and reception staff
- Scheduling vessel crew members for tours
- Assigning crew cleaning schedule for vessels and docks/parking lot
- Scheduling oil changes and general maintenance of vessels
- Ordering and inventory of retail for store
- Overseeing retail store cleaning and operating schedule
- Scheduling receptionists
- Handling employee and customer communication
- Performing bi-weekly payroll for employees
- Communicating with crew & marketing staff to create social media posts
Cape Water Tours’ mission is, “To create memorable experiences not just for, but with our guests, by providing an unforgettable, scenic, educational, friendly, and safe environment which exceeds expectations from the first impression while making a reservation to the time they disembark our vessel.” This position exists to further promote our mission.
Applicants must have at least an associate degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, and basic knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of boat mechanics/maintenance is not required but is a plus. Organization and communication skills with knowledge of social media marketing is imperative. The ability to be flexible and handle schedule changes due to weather will be necessary. The management position is a forty hour per week full time job during the months of May through October, part time during the off season with two months off in December and January. Duties will be performed at our docks, onboard our vessels, and in the retail store. 15-20 hours per week may be performed at home or remotely.
Pay: $35,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
To apply, please email resume to [email protected]