On Fridays June 23 through August 18, explore Delaware State Park’s coastline and see Thompson’s Island Nature Preserve and much, much more.
- 2 HOURS Does not include gratuity
- THE ESCAPE-50 passenger max *DAYTIME (BACK BEFORE SUNSET)
- 2 to 25 passengers (Extra Hour +300)
- 26 to 50 passengers (Extra Hour + 400)
- THE ESCAPE-50 passenger max *EVENING/SUNSET
- 2 to 50 passengers (Extra Hour + 400)
- THE SECOND NATURE *DAYTIME (BACK BEFORE SUNSET)
- 100 passenger max
- THE SECOND NATURE-100 passenger max *EVENING/SUNSET
- 100 passenger max
Make Your Event so Much More Than a Boat Ride
Private Charters NOT AVAILABLE Sunday evenings Memorial Day through Labor Day
Book a private charter with us for any occasion: birthdays, retirement parties, family reunions, engagement parties, team building, company meetings, customer appreciation…. and more.
- There is a restroom on board
- You provide food and beverages of your choice (catering suggestions below)
- Garbage cans on board – we will take care of clean up after your charter
- Spotify available in your choice of the genre or bring your own Bluetooth compatible device
- Organizers may arrive 30 minutes prior to departure for set up
- Gratuity can be presented directly to the crew at the time of your charter-most folks tip at least 20%
- Our charter vessel can comfortably hold up to 50 passengers (departs from 217 Anglers Road)
- 100 passenger vessel available on a limited basis (departs from Lewes Ferry Terminal)
- No smoking or open flames, such as Sterno, allowed on board
50 passenger vessel departs from 217 Anglers Road Lewes and cruises to:
- Delaware Bay
- Broadkill River OR
- Lewes-Rehoboth Canal
100 passenger vessel departs from 43 Cape Henlopen Drive Lewes (Lewes Ferry Terminal) and cruises to:
- Delaware Bay
Private Charters from Dewey Beach/Rusty Rudder not available
Here are a few suggestions for local catering we recommend.
- Bethany Blues
- Big Fish Grill
- Big Oyster
- Fork & Flask
The vessel will be available for pre-charter set-up 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. If more than 30 minutes set up time is required (and our schedule allows) there is an extra fee of $100 per 1/2 hour. Decorations must be environmentally friendly (balloons usually end up in the water).
- GRATUITY NOT INCLUDED and can be paid directly to the crew on the day of Charter.
- Add $100 per ½ hour for special occasion set up time requiring more than 30 minutes.
- Add $50 for generator rental if required.
- Private Charters with a naturalist or narrator add $150-$200.
A 50% deposit is due upon booking in the form of a credit card. The balance due will be charged 2 weeks prior to departure with your permission.
If a check is preferred please mail to our office (not the dock):
Cape Water Tours
22549 Rocky Road
Lewes, DE 19958
Call us today to inquire or book a charter!
WEATHER/CANCELLATIONS: If inclement weather is forecasted, our Captains will be watching the radar. A weather radar is most accurately read as close to the departure time as possible. We have OFTEN seen a bad weather forecast turn good 1-2 hours prior to a cruise. Therefore, we will try to wait as long as possible to cancel a private charter. Normally not sooner than 1-2 hours before departure. We understand the amount of planning that goes into a special event but please do not reserve a charter if you are not able wait for the Captain’s decision if there is an iffy forecast. Consider having a back up plan in case of a last minute cancellation.
By policy, we do not cancel our cruises indiscriminately. When the need arises, the following policy applies: If we cancel a trip due to unsafe conditions (i.e. weather) or mechanical issues the day of the trip and are unable to reschedule there is a full refund.If you cancel, we require 7 full days notice and you will receive a full refund.If you cancel less than 7 days prior to your trip, you will be refunded half the cost of the trip for a late cancellation fee.There is no refund if you cancel within 24 hours of the trip.LATE FEES: If you are late for your scheduled departure time you will have 2 options.
1. You may decide to shorten your trip and return to the dock at the originally scheduled ending time.
2. If our schedule allows, you may opt to receive the fully allotted time for your trip for an extra fee TBD.GRATUITY: Our crew works hard to ensure your enjoyment, comfort and safety. Since they work for tips, tipping above and beyond the cost of your fare is greatly appreciated. A customary tip amount is at least 20% and can be given directly to the crew at the time of your charter.
These are the policies for our PRIVATE CHARTERS. For our public tour & cruise policies click on “POLICIES” at top of Home page.